For the last three years, I’ve been involved with the US Search Awards. Twice as a judge, once as a winner. I can, without a doubt, say this event is a class act and reflects well on our industry. The work submitted for judging is under heavy scrutiny by a who’s who of the digital marketing world and rarely do the submissions disappoint. Work ranges from the inspirational to the cutting edge and showcases some of the best current and emerging talent practicing in their fields. I encourage everyone to take a look at the categories and submit something for judging.
Today, organizers of the 2015 US Search Awards are announcing the complete line up of judges for this year’s digital gongs that will be handed out at the Paris Hotel Las Vegas during a glittering gala event on 7th October 2015.
The judges’ experience spans the very depth and breadth of the search marketing industry and include expert practitioners well versed in SEO, PPC, Mobile Marketing, Digital PR and Social Media. Not limited to US-based scrutiny, entries will be perused by 25 judges from both the US and Europe and include senior leaders from notable digitally-savvy brands such as Google, Bing, Cisco, Lego, Orbitz and Homes.com.
The judges are:
- Tom Agnew – President, Brafton
- Jim Banks – Global Head Biddable Media, Cheapflights
- Jonathan Beeston – Owner, Beestonomics
- Chris Boggs – Founder, Web Traffic Advisors
- Michael Bonfils – President, SEM International
- Lane Ellis – Lead Editor, Pubcon
- Melissa Fach – Owner, SEO Aware
- Duane Forrester – Senior Product Manager, Bing
- John Gagnon – Bing Ads Evangelist, Microsoft
- Richard Gregory – Managing Director, Latitude Group
- Bill Hartzer – Senior SEO Strategist, Globe Runner
- Kelsey Jones – Executive Editor, Search Engine Journal
- Avinash Kaushik – Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google and the Co-Founder of Market Motive
- Anne Kennedy – President, Outlines Venture Group
- Yigit Konur – Chief Executive Officer, SEOZEO
- Martin MacDonald – Head of SEO at Orbitz Worldwide
- Matt McGowan – Head of Strategy for America’s Advertising, Google
- Lexi Mills – Head of Digital, Dynamo PR
- Kate Morris – Director of Client Strategies, Outspoken Media
- Luis Navarrette – Global Head of Search Marketing, The LEGO Group
- Diane Pease – Inbound Marketing Manager, Cisco
- Grant Simmons – VP of Search Marketing, Homes.com
- Jennifer Slegg – Founder & Editor, The SEM Post
- Shari Thurow – Founder, Omni Marketing Interactive
- Lisa Williams – Digital Marketing Strategist, Sustainable Digital Marketing
The US Search Awards were launched in 2013 by British events agency Don’t Panic who are also responsible for delivering the UK and European Search Awards.
Don’t Panic’s Managing Director, Nicky Wake, says, “We’re grateful to all our judges for giving up their time and expertise to help discover and honor the very best the USA has to offer the search industry across all our categories. Having such an internationally accomplished array of people on our panel goes to show how the US Search Awards has grown in anticipation and stature over the last couple of years.”
The awards are open to those based and delivering work in the USA and, as with the UK and European Search Awards competitions, they are viewed as the premiere celebration of the search industry and continue to reflect the very best digital and content marketing achievements.
Further details on the competition along with a list of the 2014 winners can be found at www.ussearchawards.com.